Summary: Cook a perfect carbonara sauce with bacon and egg.
- 2 ounces of bacon chunks (pancetta/belly bacon)
- .7 ounces of Parmesan cheese
- 2 fresh eggs
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- To begin on this real Italian carbonara sauce recipe, take the two eggs and crack them into bowl. Then season it with salt and pepper to taste. Because I use standard bacon, I prefer to not use salt as the meat is normally salty enough.
- Next, run the Parmesan through a box grater and place aside a tablespoon to serve later. Mix the rest into the bowl containing the egg mixture.
- Use olive oil to lightly cover the bottom of the frying pan and turn the stove to medium heat.
- Before the oil becomes too hot, add your bacon. The rule of thumb is to avoid allowing the oil to begin smoking or spitting. You may then fry the bacon for approximately 5-6 minutes until it becomes soft and slightly brown. Turn off the heat and set the pan aside which now contains the key elements of your carbonara sauce.
- Boil and drain your long pasta. Place the pan from the bacon back onto the fire for just a minute. Mix in your pasta and thoroughly coat it in the oil.
- Finally, remove the pan off the heat and mix in the egg sauce. Serve with the Parmesan cheese you saved earlier.
Cooking time (duration): 25 Minutes
Number of servings (yield): 2 People